From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Program, Resource and Business Unit Management, you will lead program managers to deliver a diverse set of programs, and lead the Software Engineering resource management process and data. You will manage a team of business unit managers that create/manage budgets, maintain forecast, build cost models/staffing plans and process invoices, reclasses and journal entries. You will be responsible for staffing and running the Full Time Employees (FTE’s) and contractors for these disciplines and should have significant delivery and Project Management Office (PMO) experience.
More specifically, you will:
- Staff, train, and mentor four (4+) program and product group managers to execute a complex array of programs and projects.
- Define, roll out, maintain and continuously improve enterprise program management methodology, standards and tools.
- Actively drive the delivery of large complex programs that span multiple platforms, Technology and business functions.
- Develop and lead a team of PMO analysts that execute the Software Development/Engineering processes, ensure that resource data is up to date, and maintain tools, reports and artifacts.
- Support a group of Business Unit (BU) Managers in creating/maintaining budgets (opex and capex), refine monthly forecasts including variance analysis, create cost model and staffing plans to aid in team design and allocation discussions and ensure that business management processes and task are executed and continuously improved.
- Form and maintain close partnership with the other Technology Delivery and Shared Services leaders (Governance & Portfolio Management, Shared Services and Delivery).
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Several years’ experience leading large, high-complexity programs across both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience staffing, training and leading program managers
- Experience crafting and implementing program management methodologies and processes
- Experience drafting, modeling, iterating and presenting business cases
- Detailed, comprehensive and rigorous approach to program, resource, and financial resource management
- Compelling leadership skills with the ability to influence across organization boundaries
- Ability to broaden understanding, develop new skills and improve the quality of the team
- Ability to balance seemingly conflicting demands
- Ability to analyze current and future financial and resource needs to identify gaps and opportunities
- Ability to foster positive technology and procedural change while considering all team members and partners
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with an emphasis on executive engagement
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with focus and precision
- Ability to navigate through changing business, process and technology capabilities, decisions and direction
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Eight (8) years of PMO management experience for a software engineering/delivery organization
- Experience managing the delivery of software solutions for a large Agile development environment
- Experience designing and implementing new processes
- Experience leading change management and workforce transformation efforts
- Direct management experience with program managers or a PMO organization
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Ten (10) years of overall software PMO management experience
- Experience with e-commerce or other high-availability software solutions
- PMP, Scrum Master (SCM), or SAFe certifications