We are seeking a Director of Program Management for a full time opportunity in the Raleigh area. This opportunity offers a great benefits package! The Director of Program Management will ensure that the operational objectives for internal projects are reached in line with the developed project plan and ensure that a close collaborative relationship is developed and maintained with external parties. This position will work closely with scientific leads, subject matter experts and business development to develop and implement organizational practices that lead to common decisions and processes.
Candidate must have experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry.
What the Director of Program Management will do:
- Establish strong partnership with the scientific lead to shape the overall strategy, objectives and work plan for assigned program(s).
- Develop and maintain an integrated program plan (e.g., detailed Gannt, budget, resources, etc.) to ensure operational objectives are being met.
- For intracompany and third-party relationships, ensure a good understanding of the contractual obligations.
- The Director of Program Management will identify conflicts and facilitate resolution, circumventing escalation to senior leadership.
- When working with external partners, consider the partners strategy, internal organization, processes and norms to facilitate joint decision making, joint project planning and delivery of agreed upon milestones.
- Proactively identify risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks, and work with impacted teams and functional leadership to develop and implement mitigation plans.
- Support the standardization of processes and communication(s) in order to build efficiencies within the company.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for organizational improvement (e.g. team structure, processes, communication, etc.).
- With third part relationships, proactively seek out opportunities for relationship improvement.
- Facilitate program and R&D team meetings using meeting management best practices to drive cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision-making, and successful execution of program activities.
Requirements for the Director of Program Management role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences required. Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Life Sciences or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Program and/or Alliance Management experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry. Cell/gene therapy preferred
- Strong understanding of drug discovery and development, preferably in cell or gene therapy
- Experience working with MS Project, MS Excel, CorasWorks (SharePoint Database or equivalent) and MS Word
- Strong communication skills with ability to build professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail and accuracy with respect to internal and external reporting
- Strong business acumen
- PMP® certification preferred