T Brand Studio was created in 2014 as the branded content and native advertising group of the New York Times. Today, we’ve evolved into both a robust creative studio and strategic consultancy creating traditional, digital and experiential programs both on-platform and off-platform for our clients.
We need a leader to help us envision and execute an evolved program management discipline that blends the art of client service with the acumen of project management and the craft of production.
As a Director of Program Management for T Brand Studio, you will be a key member of T Brand Studio’s leadership team, reporting to the General Manager of T Brand Studio and responsible for managing a department of 15 talented professionals and playing an integral role in Studio operations. You are a key partner to the broader Advertising organization including the Sales, Strategy, Audience Insights, Campaign Management, Ad Innovation and all other key creative functions in the team.
You will be managing and leading the team responsible of the project management and production of integrated and complex creative projects including branded content, newsroom activations, experiential, video, VR, and live event components. You have spent at least a decade or more successfully managing projects and teams of 10 or more people. You are an expert across process, client management, technology and production related best practices.
By nature of your talent and experience you are able to install, improve and champion our working process in effort to constantly improve project performance, profitability and client communication and satisfaction.
- Effective communicator
- Incredibly organized with a strong business acumen
- Seamless collaborator within and across disciplines
- A beacon of calm
- A skilled negotiator
- Proactive planner, thinking three steps ahead
- A teacher and a student
- An excellent client relationship manager
- A champion for your team & discipline
- Process driven but still fexible to evolving business needs
Leadership & Management
- Strong leadership, able to effectively present information to interdisciplinary teams and talent as well as to clients at all levels
- Leads and mentors a team to become master planners, taskmasters, communicators, project doctors, risk mitigators, precise estimators and incredible facilitators of multidisciplinary talent.
- Constantly evaluate workflows and process to ensure ongoing optimization and improvement across the discipline and cross-departmentally
- Train and mentor the Program Management and Production teams
- Ensure the team receives coaching and has a professional development plan in place
- Build a strong and supportive team culture while championing independence
- Build an effective team management plan including project reviews, constant learning and feedback loop
- Organize monthly workshops for the PM team to further their knowledge and promote learning across the discipline
- Partner with Resource Manager to identify strategic and efficient workflows and team resourcing (in-house and freelance talent)
- Partner with Resourcing Manager to ensure we have a stable of freelance talent that can meet cross-departmental needs on a project-by-project basis
- Educate your colleagues in Sales, Creative and Strategy to create advocates for the process outside of your discipline
- Train and mentor your team on account management best practices, including partnering with Sales to create sustainable account growth, revenue diversification and profitability, overall client relationship health, and client retention
T Brand Process
- Manage and recommend enhancements to the project management and production process, including collaboration with other disciplines within the NYT Advertising team and consistently evaluating our existing processes based upon past learnings
- Introduce new PM processes, technologies, techniques, platforms and vendors to colleagues
- A proven leader who is seen as a peer amongst VPs and SVPs within your organization & with clients
- Experience within a digital creative agency and a digital-first media company
- An understanding of media sales and the media selling process
- Experience defining and leading complex, multi-location and multi-discipline projects
- Demonstrated experience in scoping and defining never-been-done-before initiatives and partnering closely with Sales, Creative and Planning to implement