We need a leader to help us envision and execute an evolved program management discipline that blends the arts of program leadership (including budget ownership) with acumen of project management and the craft of creating and maintaining revenue creating digital products. As a Director of Program management for Scholastic's Digital Services team, you will be a key member of the leadership team, reporting to the Scholastic Executive Director of Program Management and responsible for managing a department of 4-5 talented professionals. You are a key partner to the broader organization including the Engineering, Content, Marketing, E-commerce and all other key creative functions in the team.
Personal Characteristics: Leader, Mentor, Effective Communicator, incredibly organized with strong business acumen. Seamless collaborator within and across disciplines. A beacon of calm, a skilled negotiator, proactive planner. A teacher and a student, An excellent client relationship manager. A champion for your team & discipline. Process driven but still flexible to evolving business needs.
Leadership & Management: Strong leadership, able to effectively present information to interdisciplinary teams and talent as well as to clients at all levels. Leads and mentors a team to become master planners, taskmasters, communicators, project doctors, risk mitigators, precise estimators and incredible facilitators of multidisciplinary talent.
• Able to both evangelize and lead a team in Agile practices
• Constantly evaluate workflows and process to ensure ongoing optimization and improvement across the discipline and cross-departmentally.
• Train and mentor the Program Management and Productions Teams
• Ensure the team receives coaching and has a professional development
• Build a strong and supportive team culture while championing independence.
• Build an effective team management plan including project reviews, constant learning and feedback loop
• Organize monthly workshops for the PM team to further their knowledge and promote learning across the discipline.
• Partner with Resourcing Manager to ensure we have a stable of freelance talent that can meet cross-departmental needs on a project-by-project basis.
• Manage and recommend enhancements to the project management and production process
• Introduce new PM processes, technologies, techniques, platforms and vendors to colleagues.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• By nature of your talent and experience you are able to install, improve and champion our working process in an effort to constantly improve project performance, profitability and client communication and satisfaction.
• A proven leader who is seen as a peer amongst VPs and SVPs within your organization and with clients.
• 3-5 years experience in an e-Commerce environment
• Experience managing budgets and re-forcasts that include multiple teams, allocations and sources of funding
• Experience defining and leading complex, multi-location and multi-discipline projects.
• Demonstrated experience in scoping and defining never-been-done before initiatives