$150K — $200K *
Work with Senior Staff and Production staff on season planning, scheduling and budgeting.
• Create and oversee the annual production department budget as well as individual show budgets; maintain expenses within the production budgets of all productions.
• Develop and maintain fiscally sound production departmental budgets based on departmental goals and organizational needs.
• Participate in monthly reconciliation of expense budgets and maintain strict cost controls to ensure adherence to budgetary limitations.
• Plan for long-range facilities, equipment, and personnel needs.
• Be an active voice in the Senior Staff leadership of the organization.
• Help to achieve the artistic goals of the theatre.
• Oversee each production from conceptual production meetings to closing performance. Monitor and communicate closely with all members of the production department during all phases of the design and build process. Read all rehearsal and performance reports and ensure that all notes are addressed in a timely manner.
• Serve as main point of contact for Alliance Theatre designers, communicating and collaborating to ensure that their designs can be achieved given the available resources. Ensure that cost outs of production designs occur in a timely manner.
• Attend production meetings, tech note sessions, run-throughs, tech and dress rehearsals, and preview performances, as necessary.
• Serve as liaison between the Alliance and guest artists during tech rehearsals and previews, to maintain high quality and make decisions regarding labor and budget constraints.
• Collaborate with theatre leadership on rentals and other events.
• Recruit, hire, and supervise production department heads. Direct reports include the Technical Director, Stage Operations Manager, Props Manager, Director of Costume Shop and Wardrobe, Lighting & Projections Department Director, Resident Sound Designer, Assistant Production Manager, and Stage Management staff.
• Negotiate and execute designer contracts for USA and non-union designers. Ensure adherence to union regulations.
• Serve as liaison between production department and other theatre staff, as well as external partners, including commercial producers & general managers and Board members.
• Plan and execute production needs for any off-site productions, including coordinating and communicating with outside vendors.
• Address production facilities needs to the Woodruff Arts Center.
• Oversee general safety and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Provide production input and support for in-house functions and special events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Necessary accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• At least five years of experience in production management or related field of work.
• Experience supervising all areas of technical production (scenery, stage operations, properties, costumes, lighting & projections, sound, and stage management).
• Theatre experience of a similar size and scale is strongly preferred.
• Experience building collaborative relationships with people across diverse backgrounds and personalities.
Valid through: 4/20/2021