The Director of Production position will oversee the management of all areas of production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the mission, values and vision of the company.
- Maintains the best interest of Lyons Magnus first and foremost.
- Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Directs both day and night shift production, rework and extract departments.
- Perform weekly line audits to ensure our equipment is performing at high standards.
- Perform labor audits of each production line to reduce overhead and maintain high performance levels.
- Manage our internal plant efficiency program.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste, monitor waste and rework data.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan to be consistent with established good manufacturing practices.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, cost reduction, worker involvement, etc.).
- Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics and presentation skills
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Technical Capacity: Excel, Microsoft Outlook
Education and/ or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- 5+ years management experience in a high-volume manufacturing plant
- 5S and Lean Manufacturing Principles Certification preferred
- Proven experience as a production manager