WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands—The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked—we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
GigMasters (part of XO Group) is seeking a Director of Product Management to accelerate our transition to our next generation transactional marketplace. In the next year, GigMasters will undergo a complete transformation, including a rebranding and a relaunching of the platform and strategy. This is an opportunity to lead the charge during an exciting company pivot!
In this role, you’ll be the strategic and visionary leader on the product side, backed up by the GigMasters product team who have deep industry knowledge in managing a two-sided transactional marketplace. You will bring a combination of strong vision and high-level product process to ensure our success. You’ll drive modern best-practice product management. You’ll partner with editorial, marketing, and sales to build and launch the new GigMasters platform to balance business and user needs. You’ll join our small, high powered Product Leadership team, which works closely together and drives much of XO Group’s strategic direction. XO Group is a product and user centric company, seeking to solve the most important challenges while developing fantastic people. We work with autonomy, clear goals, and purpose.
- Join as part of an ambitious founding team set to launch a new platform and reinvigorated business model.
- Be the company go-to for these product areas and key partner to other functional leaders
- Help set squad direction and strategy to meet or exceed product and business goals such as volume, engagement, NPS, and revenue
- Develop a small team of great Product Managers who love what they do, and help them grow their careers
- Be an important partner for the editorial, business, technical, sales, and operational teams as well as for other product leaders
- Represent your squads and product leadership at the company level in cross-company discussions, presentations, and external events
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of product management, including facility with modern product management (agile, lean, iterative, outcome oriented, user-science informed)
- Experience leading a product from conception to launch to maturity
- Ability to set strategic direction for your group and with executive team
- Experience with and respect for user science - intention (interviews, focus groups, surveys), action (usability, AB, analytics), etc.
- Success growing products that balance user and business needs
- Strategic mindset, understanding of business models and revenue thinking - you’re able to balance user and business needs while growing both
- Consumer content, marketplace, and/or mobile product experience is a strong plus
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.