The OpportunityWe are expanding our product lines, and we are seeking an entrepreneurial, driven product manager to guide these new ventures.
You will work directly with executives at top movie studios, TV networks and digital-first publishers to canvas their needs, gather feedback and conduct primary research.
If you aren’t already, you’ll become an expert on social video - the fastest growing area in entertainment and digital marketing. You will master the details of the different leading platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch and Snapchat. To excel in this role, you will combine a deep understanding of how consumers and businesses use these platforms, with a firm grasp of the underlying data that is available to analyze and optimize different business strategies.
Working with our exceptional Engineering and Data Science teams, you will develop new web-based SaaS products and features that will guide our clients to success. Big data is shaping decisions throughout the entertainment industry - your work will help empower teams to make more successful movies, TV shows, ad campaigns and digital-first content.
This is an opportunity to grow a new area of the business from the ground-up. If you are an experienced product leader who wants to go beyond shipping incremental improvements each sprint and get into something big, this is the opportunity for you.
- Managing the overall success of new Tubular product lines. That means being the lead on strategy, roadmap, design and planning go-to-market strategy.
- Synthesizing input from customers, prospects, internal stakeholders and our market research
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the data available to Tubular across multiple platforms, so that you can blend that data to craft cutting-edge, impactful analytics for our end users.
- Developing product specifications detailing user scenarios, functional requirements and wireframes; and assisting in designing performance, security and technical specifications.
- Architecting cohesive reporting, and trouble-shooting internal processes, to drive your product’s success and trajectory after launch.
- Acting as a spokesperson in evangelizing Tubular’s technology to customers, prospects and industry analysts
Who are we looking for?
- This is a significant role. The products you build will impact our industry and accelerate Tubular’s growth. If you are a determined perfectionist who treats your work as art, this could be the role for you:
- Smart, creative and collaborative. You hustle to make it happen, and achieve the support & respect of your team.
- Excellent communication skills. You can present a persuasive narrative that helps people understand your decision making logic. And you write well (We write a lot, both for technical specifications and to assist in creating marketing and training collateral).
- Analyst in your own right. You are comfortable interpreting and manipulating data. You’re solid in Excel and have worked with a database solution or two. You know your way around some of the latest generation of data tools (Tableau, Power BI, Domo). You’re happy dipping into Mixpanel, Google Analytics or other tools to validate your hypotheses with data. Bonus points if you can handle some SQL.
- You have a good intuition of functional interface design, allowing you to work seamlessly with UI/UX teams. You are comfortable developing medium fidelity designs yourself.
- You’re technically-inclined, and can get into the details of data and engineering problems to understand the pros and cons of different designs.
- You’re methodical and organized. You plan ahead to ensure a consistent flow of development. You view “crunches” as planning failures, not inevitabilities.
- You are enamored by technology and media. You follow the movements of Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram with the same passion and interest you follow movies, TV studios and directors.
- You are probably left-handed (probably).
- You’ve shipped product - you can point to a series of successful (and probably one or two unsuccessful) product lines or features you have taken to market.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (E.g. Computer Science, HCI/UX Design, MBA) from a leading university.
- 7+ years’ experience in a product management role, including 2+ years managing more junior product managers, in a relevant technology or media firm (E.g. SaaS, analytics, digital video, TV, movies, app publishing).
What do we offer?
- Chance to play with the hottest firms in media and technology.
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, fruit, good coffee and other stuff to help you get through the day.
- A 401(K) plan to help you plan for your future.
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance packages to fit your needs to ensure you’re happy and healthy.
- Commuter benefits that make getting to and from work a breeze.