At Trader Interactive, seamlessly connecting buyers, sellers and renters through innovative digital solutions is core to our mission. We are looking for a Director of Product to support our Marketplaces with a passion for transforming the customer journey, ideally with experience optimizing and improving lead conversion on our online vehicle shopping portals.
The Director of Product will live our core value of ‘Focus on the Customer’ working with a Product team to deliver solutions that both drive value to our dealer customers, and the consumers who rely on our sites to find vehicles for work or play. Successful candidates will have a deep understanding of at least a subset of eCommerce, online marketplaces and shopping websites and know how to implement best-in-class digital solutions across them. They will also have extensive experience leading product managers, giving oversight and direction, to consistently deliver great products.
- Lead a team of Product Managers in product planning and execution - including the gathering and prioritization of product requirements, collaborating with other directors in sales, marketing and customer service.
- Ensuring that that the company’s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product; that the product goals and strategy do not deviate from that of the business.
- Coordinate the rollout of new features, including A/B, multivariate testing, and competitive analysis where required.
- Determine KPIs for product success, carefully monitor upon release of the product, and report results to senior management and stakeholders.
- Developing, defining, and overseeing the product’s roadmap and managing it as required for the purpose of meeting deliverables for the business.
- Engaging extensively with consumers in order to gain first hand insight on the consumers’ and market feedback on the business’s product.
- Provide guidance and support to software development.
- 10+ years experience in full product lifecycle management.
- 5+ years in people management.
- A proven track record in product planning, defining and launching successful products, unifying product portfolios, and working with eCommerce and online shopping websites.
- Strong leadership, communication and project management skills.
- Strong ability to build relationships across functions and companies.
- A superior ability to synthesize diverse and complex information and data and design refined strategies, solutions, workflows, and procedures that are presentable to the VP and stakeholders.
- The ability to influence and inspire the junior managers in applying various approaches or strategies for the product.
- Familiarity with software development and/or dealership experience.
- Experience with auto/non-auto retail practices and software.
- Demonstrated experiencing building - and constantly improving - lead generating vehicle marketplace websites.
Core Competencies Required
- Strategic Agility - Ability to see ahead clearly, anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, and create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Experience Building Effective Teams - Strong people leader who creates strong morale and spirit within a team and drives the entire team towards success
- Experience Managing with Vision and Purpose - Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision and sense of core purpose, support the overall vision, and motivate the organization
- Strong Ethics and Values - Uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles at all times
- Drive for Results - Strong bias for action, consistently a top performer and can be trusted to exceed goals successfully. Your strong desire for success pushes others towards the same results.