WB Games Inc. seeks a Lead Animator for the Avalanche Art department. If you are a Senior/Lead Animator looking to be part of an exciting new project, you’ll be part of a new and exciting project and will help us bring animation to the next level. Game animations are at a crossroads, where technology is allowing animators and programmers to create truly interactive characters that are full of life and expression.
Do Blend trees, State Graphs, and behavior systems excite you? Do you approach tasks with a creative touch yet understand the technical requirements to make it happen? If this is you, and you also have the below listed skills, then wewant to hear from you! Resume and reelrequired.
- The ability to take animation from initial concept through to implementation in Unreal Engine 4 using Unreal's animation blueprint system.
- Design and implement animation behavior systems.
- Strong interest and passion for finding ways to evolve and improve animation systems.
- Strive to optimize and enhance an effective animation pipeline while identifying workflow improvements.
- Work with the project leads to develop moment-to-moment gameplay that works within the overall vision of the product.
- Able to buy into the established art vision of the game and ensure this is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
- Exhibit an expertise in your craft, and be able to mentor other artists in your discipline.
- Excellent ability to self-manage, to meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
What do we require from you?
- Solid understanding of the Unreal 4 Animation Pipeline.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya, Motion Builder and other animation applications.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology and complex pipelines.
- Experience working with mocap data.
- Enjoys playing and creating games.
- Able to work well within a team. Willing to provide and accept direction, and the ability to embrace change.
- 5+ years of experience working as an Animator on a shipped game title (AAA) with 1+ years of Senior Animator experience.