We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Who we’re looking for:
Our Product Development team sets the vision for the growing suite of Skillz products. As the Director of Product you bridge the gap between our internal and external customers, engineering, design, and business to drive the production process towards high quality and on time feature releases. You have a detailed vision of a solution for every problem, yet you’re open to and encourage a collaborative environment at all times. You always have high energy and you are extremely hard working. You are organized to a fault, and create and conquer deadlines like it’s your job (because it is).
What you'll do:
- Oversee and mentor the Product Managers and Associate Product Managers
- Create a collaborative environment where owners excel in putting specs and ideas
- Identify opportunities that lead to the growth of the product through innovation while still maintaining the fundamental business goals/priorities
- Work very closely with the engineering department, design, sales, marketing, and other departments to deliver the business’s product into the market
- Identify any possible issues in the strategies and find ways to best create solutions
- 6-12years of experience as Product Manager
- Previous experience managing a team of at least 4 or more Product Managers
- Ability to create wire-frames, product specifications and white papers
- Exceptional data analysis skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Previous start-up, social networking and/or consulting experience is a strong plus
- Advanced Excel and SQL proficiency preferred
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred