About the role...
On the Policygenius Product team, we're focused on building out a world-class product organization; we hire the best and brightest, give people as much scope as they can handle, and glorify shipping and impact. As Director of Product, you’ll balance both problem-solving and process, the strategic and the tactical, and bring a deep understanding of the interplay between design, engineering, and business to develop products that delight consumers and deliver business impact. You will manage a team responsible for our existing insurance products and for exploring new protection verticals.
This role reports directly to our Founder and Chief Product Officer.
- Set a clear and compelling strategy and roadmap for the product area you own
- Lead a team of high-performing product managers to develop and ship elegant and intuitive features that solve customer problems and deliver business impact
- Elevate the productivity and performance of your team through mentorship and coaching
- Champion processes and initiatives that make the product organization better
- Collaborate effectively with senior leaders in engineering, design and business functions
- Produce high quality analysis on the business impact of your product area
- 7+ years experience building web or mobile products, including B2C experience
- 2+ years experience building and leading product teams
- A history of successfully recruiting and performance-managing product teams; demonstrated skill developing and managing people while preparing them for future roles, setting performance expectations, and instilling a values-based team culture
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice (informed by product leaders like Marty Cagan) and opinions on where product is going next
- An ability to work cross-functionally across departments to prioritize and build products that delight customers, and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation with a focus on data-driven analytics and the ability to measure business impact
- Insightful problem-solving skills and the ability to balance the strategic with the tactical
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- STEM undergraduate and/or master’s degreepreferred
- Background in computer science / software engineering a plus