This role spans product management across the entire platform: developer tooling and experience, CI/CD/gitops, infrastructure as code (and true container-as-a-service deploys with automated canary analysis, observability, rate limiting, and all other "batteries included"). It covers a wide breadth of technical domains: web, apps, IoT devices, backend, messaging, near-time processing, storage, observability, and more. Reporting to the VP of Platform, this is a both a product leadership and people leadership role. You will collaborate with our business and engineering stakeholders to drive a vision and roadmap and lead a team of product managers, insights analysts, and consultants in agile and usability.
- Provide the product and portfolio vision to create the best experience across the spectrum of hardware, mobile, web, backend, data, and machine learning
- Partner with engineering and product teams (across Peloton and leaders in industry) to define what true developer productivity is, what constitutes a great platform at speed and scale, and how to bring this to practice.
- Understand Peloton's strategic goals, connecting these to Platform's mission, weaving them into our product and portfolio strategy to ensure that Platform's investments and innovations are aligned with the needs of Peloton and its subsidiaries.
- Directly lead a team of product managers, data scientists, and usability designers, weaving their work together to create better platform experiences. You will mentor your teams to improve their skills and empower them to deliver more for Peloton.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams across Peloton, build on our value that #TogetherWeGoFar, ensuring that Platform is doing the right things (while not overextending ourselves). This will create a healthy balance of innovation, support, and maintenance.
Above all else, we are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in developer experience and is passionate about how our Platform can help make developers more productive:
- You have been experienced in defining and driving product strategy across multiple teams and domains with success in the past.
- You have several years of experience delivering platform, infrastructure, and developer tooling roadmaps that simplify the journey from idea to production. You have domain knowledge in developer tooling, CI/CD, test infrastructure, orchestration, cloud computing (commodity and managed services, and IAM.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, communicating concepts and ideas in different formats, depending on context. You can receive feedback while being assertive when needed. You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, using a variety of evidence and communication styles.
- You also have experience in leading, growing and upskilling direct and indirect reports in the product management domain. You set high standards for yourself and others and are able to help others meet these with both a servant-leader and growth mindset.
- You are experienced with data-driven product development--but are equally comfortable working with ambiguity and are able to combine data and intuition to achieve results.