Wayfair is looking for a senior product leader to build our industry-leading recommendations platform and content personalization engine that aims to maximize CLV using the wealth of data we have about our customers and their preferences. Your platform will ensure that every customer receives the optimal message on any touchpoint, educating them and inspiring them throughout their journey. Your work will help unlock the next wave of growth for Wayfair and influence millions of active customers.
The Director of Product Management for Content Recommendations will own several core workstreams:
- Personalization: Your team will own all non-SKU based personalization at Wayfair. You will use a mix of cutting edge reinforcement learning and deep learning techniques to optimize the content served in our e-mails, other marketing touchpoints, and across many placements on our site including the homepage. Your technology will serve as a VIP concierge for customers, ensuring every customer gets a unique experience.
- Content Decision Engine: You will build a decision engine for serving content that builds awareness for new offerings and strategic programs while also ensuring that customers can find exactly what they need for their home.
- Targeting: You will help develop affinity scores and other customer profiles to enable us to predict what customers may need and ensure we provide customers with the optimal next best message.
You will lead a growing team of product managers to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for content recommendations. You will own the overarching vision, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Data Science and Engineering teams. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders including marketing, storefront experience, data science, engineering, pricing and profitability, and others.
This role presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and creative problem solvers who are able to lead and grow high-performing cross functional teams that bring their vision to reality. They’ll also be able to dive deep into the technical details of their platform while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our organization.
What you'll do:
- Partner with senior leaders to define and align business and product vision and strategy for recommendations and personalization at Wayfair
- Develop and maintain a product platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Lead, develop, and mentor a growing team of product managers and associates (across all levels of seniority) and partner with engineering, analytics, and data science leadership to continually evolve their organizations for growth
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning, prioritization, and product delivery including data science, engineering, site merchandising, storefront experience, marketing, pricing and profitability, and category management
- Counsel leaders in business, operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
What you'll need:
- 10+ years’ Product Management experience, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies).
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong technical background, preferably in large volume, scalable web services. Experience with real-time data science model evaluation a plus
- Ad tech experience helpful, but not required.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.