Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is seeking a Director of Paid & Premium Digital Products to drive commerce and web development efforts for some of the largest, trusted brands in entertainment and fashion news, including Variety, WWD, Deadline, IndieWire, and BGR This position will report to the SVP of Product and Vice President of Audience Marketing and will work out of our midtown Manhattan office.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and gather requirements.
- Manage the requirements gathering process between an integrated team of business stakeholders, software engineers, design, and other product managers.
- Monitor ongoing performance of features and act as point of contact for any questions, concerns, or suggestions.
- Understand the business’s strategy and be able to fill in the details, drive initiatives, work with tech and leadership to execute.
- Designand documentation of features and functionality.
- Support the team’s documentation and user acceptance tests.
- Clearly articulate requirements through the development of user stories and specifications.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering, Product, andProject Managementteams to implement new features.
- Manage development and defect backlog on a daily basis.
- Work with engineers, stakeholders, product managers to ensure quality.
- Improve the subscriber acquisition &retentionfunnels
- Stay on top of emerging/competitive trends and technologies in digital subscriptions
- Interest or proven understanding of user behavior and consumption of content across multiple digitalchannels
Why work with PMC?
- Own your work. Contribute to the overall product vision and roadmap.
- We’re a stable, growing company with a startup mentality.
- Agilescrum environment with small, focused teams.
What skills do I need?
- Proven experience with e-commerce and digital marketing.
- Understand the competitive landscape, tools, and available technologies in subscriptions, e-commerce, and conversions.
- Track record of optimizing customer experience and improving the customer journey
- Proven ability to lead teams and build consensus. Understand how to prioritize work and get work done to meet business objectives.
- Experience in a multi-product, multi-client business environment with competing priorities and diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including communicating with VP, C-level executives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a science or technical subject.
- Strong understanding of web technologies.
- Understanding of Agile software development.
- Experience with ticketing/planning software (e.g. JIRA, Basecamp, Asana, Aha!).
- Experience with diagramming/wireframing software (e.g. Balsamiq, Visio, Lucidchart, Omnigraffle).
- Ability to work with teams spread across multiple locations and timezones.
- Preferred: experience working in the publishing industry.