The Product Marketing team at Turnitin is curious, customer-centric, data-driven, and collaborative. We’re responsible for the global go-to-market strategy for Turnitin’s portfolio of academic integrity and assessment solutions. The team collaborates cross-functionally with product management, corporate marketing, regional marketing, and global sales to develop positioning and messaging, product assets, and sales enablement in support of product revenue and user engagement goals. The team is also responsible for competitive analysis and positioning.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer / Chief Marketing Officer, the Director of Product Marketing will manage the team responsible for interpreting Turnitin’s products and new capabilities for the sales team, customers, and prospects.
This Turnitin leader, in collaboration with sales and other marketing teams, is responsible for the global success of all products in the Turnitin portfolio.
Every day, you’ll get to:
- Organize, develop and mentor a high-performance team of managers and individual contributors in the product marketing function
- Collaborate with the product strategy team to identify, conduct, and support market research projects that inform GTM plans
- Define, build, and execute the strategy for product positioning and messaging that resonates with the market and key buyer and user personas.
- Contextualize products in the competitive landscape and enable sales to differentiate Turnitin’s solutions
- Create and manage resources that will be delivered in conjunction with our sales enablement function to ensure our sales team can confidently position a product’s differentiated value to the market
- Develop and manage multi-channel product communications to communicate product launches, changes and updates, in collaboration with the Corporate Marketing and Product Writers teams
- Lead the development of compelling assets that communicate the product’s value and support lead generation and conversion efforts
- Work with regional marketers to track and support conversion of the global sales pipeline for their product line, in support of product revenue goals
- Collaborate with regional marketing on best practices for localization of core product positioning, messaging, assets, and sales enablement
- Create sustainable and scalable working systems for the product marketing team.
- Partner with Product Management team on Turnitin's product roadmap strategy and enabling sales to tell a story about our roadmap
Some key initiatives in 2021:
- Measure the efficacy of our win/loss program and make recommendations for scaling
- Build a Voice of the Customer strategy for product marketing content
- Optimize and build on our competitive intelligence program
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience staffing and managing a team, including mentorship and development of the team
- Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (required); Master's degree in education, education technology, business, or another relevant discipline (preferred)
- Have 8+ years of marketing experience in education, including product marketing experience, ideally in an edtech context
- Have Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be Highly organized and self-motivated
- Have expert ability to work collaboratively and serve as the intersection between cross-functional departments
- Have a curious, customer-centric mindset and passion for making an impact on education
This is a full-time, exempt role. Applicants without professional experience in education will not be considered.
International and domestic travel required 3-6 weeks/year (some day!) to collaborate with global teams and represent Turnitin at conferences and events. Approximately 2-3 meetings per week may be required between 7:30-9 am and 5-6:30 pm Pacific to accommodate colleagues in Europe and Asia.
We're passionate about helping students learn.
Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time.
Our values underpin everything we do.
- Authenticity: Showing up as who we truly are. Representing integrity in our products. Willing to say tough/unpopular things.
- Action & Ownership: Acting quickly, like owners, with a bias for action. Always growing, and changing, avoiding the blame game.
- Global Mindset: Considering different perspectives, celebrating diversity. Acting like one team. Recognizing the work we do has an impact on the world.
- Passion for Learning: Helping educators and learners on the global front. Committing to our own learning and growth. Upholding our corporate social responsibility to education.
No agency submissions
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.