Smartling is seeking a seasoned Product Marketing Director. As a product marketer, you will be a leader on the team responsible for communicating the story of our product to the market. You will be expected to refine the brand’s positioning and messaging in addition to being the primary advocate for our product’s benefits. You will be charged with crafting the strategy around the messaging and marketing for new launches, as well as executing that strategy.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Product Management, and Technical marketing experience at both start-ups and established companies. In this role, you will make data-driven decisions to move the team and product forward and hit company goals, develop the strategy for messaging, promotion and selling of our products. You will also train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and products. Additionally, you will serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking.
Tasks at hand
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Assess the market landscape, provide market analysis, identify target markets, define ideal customer profiles and buyer personas, and conduct competitive analysis for product differentiation and positioning.
- Craft messaging and product positioning to clearly articulate the value of the brand and products to increase our market share.
- Lead and develop go-to-market plans for new features and products.
- Create content (e.g. sales documentation, messaging maps, briefs, product videos, website copy, blog posts, Quora, and other forums) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Create and deliver sales enablement tools and documentation.
- Train internal teams on positioning ourselves against the competition.
- Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 7+ years of Product Marketing experience (2 years at the Director Level).
- Past experience in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills --- there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- Experience with Salesforce (a must) and HubSpot (preferred).
- Interest in language, culture, and global content.
- Results Focus. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- Strong analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic thinker. Translates high level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer Focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail Oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan- just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc.)