About the Team
Skillshare’s mission is to create a meritocracy in the new economy by providing universal access to learning and opportunities. To accomplish this, we’ve created a vast online community where our millions of members can explore thousands of expertly taught classes, network with others, and showcase their talents to the world.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing to join our fast-growing company and help us do amazing things. Our marketing team is still relatively new so you’ll have the opportunity to help us build from the ground up as we scale the company and make a positive impact on people’s lives.
About the Role
As the Director of ProductMarketing at Skillshare, you'll be one of the leaders of theMarketing org and will have a wide scope of responsibility across the team. The ideal candidate will be equal parts brand marketer and operational wizard, and will have deep functionalexperience in email/retentionmarketing, content marketing, or both. They'll need to be ambitious self-starters who also know how to lead a team and, most importantly, they'll need to be results-oriented with a track record of (and predisposition towards) driving meaningful business impact.
- Manage and coach team of 2-3 Marketing Managers
- Leverage customer marketing channels, particularly email, to impact trial conversion rates and churn
- Work with our product team to implement customer marketing strategies that drive user engagement
- Help build out our content marketing machine to drive acquisition and position ourselves as thought leaders
- Collaborate with our PR agency to drive meaningful coverage in line with our overall company positioning
- Act as a brand evangelist and help craft and execute our brand positioning and messaging across all communication channels
- 7+ years professional experience in a marketing role with progressive responsibility
- 2+ years in a management role
- Proven leader with track record of driving impact
- Deep experience in email marketing, content marketing or both
- Strong analytical skills and operational efficiency
- Experience managing freelancers and/ or consultants
- Ability to work with designers and creatives to create marketing assets that drive results
- Process/ detail oriented
- Superb verbal and written communication skills