Responsible for overseeing all aspects of HDD product marketing, with specific focus on customers within the Americas Region. Works with Direct Sales Teams and Field Reps to promote all Toshiba HDD model lines to targeted customers.
Assists HQ teams in conducting competitive research. Serves as a category expert for enterprise HDD and client HDD product lines, and for related features and options such as self-encryption.
Develops product training materials and delivers monthly market and industry updates to Sales Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with TAEC HDD Leadership Council, Japan Sales and Marketing and Product Planning teams to assure best possible roadmap alignment with market opportunities and with targeted customers’ requirements.
- Participates in Sales calls as needed, including roadmap and EOL updates
- Manages the competitive positioning, and execution of promotional activities for the assigned product line and sales regions.
- Provides regional VOC feedback and market and competitive updates to Sr. Management, and to the Japan Sales & Marketing team, for the benefit of Global product planning and development.
- Helps devise and execute product launch programs and marketing campaigns to drive product and brand awareness.
- Works with external marketing agency as needed to develop creative assets, social and online content, and product messaging to support product promotions, advertising, and brand awareness campaigns.
- Helps develop and distribute technical marketing content for the benefit of the regional Channel business.
- Identifies competitive trends and requirements for product certifications and regulatory compliance.
- Promotes in-depth understanding of market and key customer requirements and competitiveness criteria.
- 10+ years of experience in technical or product marketing role; HDD and/or storage experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or equivalent; MBA is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong presentation skills