This is a high visibility and impact role: you are in charge of our Go to Market (GTM) strategies to identify the right markets, and seed them to reach critical mass. You will develop strategies to attract more educators, and in launch new features. You define, hire, and grow our own Product Marketing team. You are analytical, manage markets, and competition, lead feature positioning and messaging with the Brand and Channel Distribution teams.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact!
- Review our Product Marketing objectives, strategy, scope, and structure, to determine the growth trajectory of our current Product Marketing team
- Recruit and hire a team of Product Marketing Managers to grow and impact the business
- Own the analysis of markets such as Higher Education, High Schools, or different Disciplines. You will define our positioning for each one of them, potential value proposition gaps, desired positioning and messaging, and GTM plans to reach critical mass
- Determine the tools that you and other teams need, and determine how the company should implement and maintain them
- Support GTMs for other teams and events, including feature launches and the Educator team
Are you our next Director of Product Marketing?
- 10+ years of directly relevant experience in B2C companies, carrying out Total Addressable Market analyses, segmenting audiences, doing qualitative and quantitative user research, analyzing competitors, helping define product features, value propositions, positioning and messaging
- Proven track record of successful GTMs
- Deep tactical experience of different distribution channels and their nuances
- Knowledge in seeding marketplace or aggregator products
- Experience helping define tools needed for the successful execution of GTMs, such as ESPs, CRMs, CMSs, in-house tools, etc
- Hire and manage high-performing teams of several product marketing managers
- Drive to be extremely data-driven and analytical
- Collaborate with and understand the role of brand & design in product marketing
- Effectively use the power of persuasion and have applied it successfully in past initiatives
- Education Technology (EdTech)
- Product Management
- Marketing Communications
- User-generated content