Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
About the Role
We’re looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Director of Product Marketing to join our team. You will be responsible for leading a team focused on product marketing, content, and user re-engagement implementation and strategy. The key to success in this role will be developing a deep understanding of our product, the various segments of our users and how to best communicate with them.
You will work closely with product development, design and marketing teams to coordinate messaging to our users. You will also help develop content to aid our users in their search and drive high-value action. This is a Director-level role and it will be important to foster a collaborative environment and grow and develop individuals on this team.
What You Will Do
During the 1st Month:
- Collaborate with various team members to learn about the company
- Work with Product, Design, and Brand Marketing teams to learn tools, workflow, and process for email, user re-engagement, and content creation
- Shadow team members to learn more about this role can collaborate with other areas of the business and how your role fits with external stakeholders and teams
- Learn the basics of Braze, Wordpress, and other tools critical to this role
- Gain a strong understanding of our product begin to understand and develop user personas and journeys
- Begin to understand our current user re-engagement strategy and identify opportunities for improvement
- Begin taking over as direct manager for the team with group meetings and recurring 1:1s
Within 3 Months:
- Gain a deep understanding of our organization and how different teams work
- Start taking ownership of our product marketing strategy and roadmap. Define goals and motivate your team to hit them
- Work with key stakeholders to establish and share a framework for user personas. Use these personas to formalize user journeys to be used both within product marketing as well as across the company
- Advocate for and work towards alignment across all marketing channels, even those outside of our team
- Work closely with product teams on go-to-market strategies for product releases
- Begin to establish goals and KPIs for product marketing initiatives
Within 6 Months:
- Begin to use your experience and insights to drive strategic change in product marketing
- Develop and own processes to efficiently maintain, scale, and optimize product marketing initiatives.
- Perform self-directed research and analysis to identify opportunities for growth
- Gain a deep understanding of the user funnel and identify opportunities to optimize for deeper user engagement and drive more high-value actions.
- Use insights and work from product marketing to influence and inform product development roadmap
Within 12 months:
- You will have a deep knowledge of our users, content, and product marketing strategy and own a roadmap for your team.
- You will use your area expertise to inform larger strategic initiatives
- You will use data-driven and user insights to inform planning and decisions
- You will be held accountable for improving user funnel and retention and driving high-value actions
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years experience in a product marketing role
- Experience managing a team
- Someone self-directed, with the ability to translate vague requirements into prioritized problems to solve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with marketing automation software
- User research and user testing
- Proven track record of getting things done in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to succeed in a player-coach role
- Understanding of K-12 and/or college enrollment marketing and admissions
- Experience with A/B testing
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee.
- 20 PTO days, 10 Paid Holidays and 3 Volunteer Days Off per year
- Parental leave