The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for helping BiggerPockets users understand and access the various products of BiggerPockets to drive customer engagement and generate revenue. This includes go-to-market strategy, product messaging, awareness campaigns, data analysis, and more.
This job is perfect for an experienced marketer who takes initiative, enjoys managing and coaching a team, embraces agile methodology, and uses data to make decisions.
About the Role:
- Lead the Product Marketing team, including hiring, coaching and performance management of existing and future team members
- Develop and implement a comprehensive product marketing strategy that drives user engagement and revenue growth
- Responsible for product position and messaging. This includes researching user needs and expectations, and communicating value propositions that meet those needs
- Ensure that product messaging is used appropriately across the organization
- Conduct and track awareness campaigns to ensure that our users are aware of our various products and how those products can help the user
- Manage marketing for product launches, including: customer research, development of messaging, coordinating messaging across various content channels, tracking campaign success, and reporting.
- Assist with the strategy and marketing coordination of 4-8 book launches per year
- Work closely with the Content (user acquisition) team to efficiently convert traffic into engaged users
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to provide feedback on product/market fit and how to improve customer adoption
- Implement a simple product marketing framework that concisely demonstrates how product marketing decisions are made, and how various marketing assets are being utilized
- Develop robust reporting to track the efficacy of the product marketing team, and give the Senior Leadership Team visibility into the team’s performance
- Manage departmental budget and ensure team produces a positive ROI
About your skillset:
- Experience with business-to-consumer marketing of digital products is required
- Creative instincts to produce unique messaging that resonate with the BiggerPockets audience
- Customer and market research
- Experience with email campaigns and strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of agile methodology and how it is applied in marketing
- A collaborative approach to achieve company objectives
- Strong analytical skills, including web-based analytics, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, and the ability and desire to coach a young team
- Genuine desire to help ordinary Americans succeed in real estate investing
Supervisory responsibility: 3+ direct reports
Education & experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a Product Marketing role
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team