Univision is seeking an experienced product manager to develop and grow Univision Now, the cornerstone of Univision’s Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) businesses.
The role will help to define the features and functionality necessary to expand the current Univision NOW offering. The candidate must balance the needs of growing Univision NOW with the single vision we believe in – delivering the best experiences to our users.
You will be expected to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the digital video and OTT landscape, as well as command of the product development lifecycle, from ideation to go-to-market.
On a daily basis, you will collaborate internally across the Univision organization, as well as externally with customers and vendors, to ensure deliverables are met and the business achieves its’ targets.
- Define and drive product strategy with detailed product roadmaps (1 year, 6 months, 90-day, 60-day and 30-day) that meets consumer and business needs, while meeting critical deadlines and budget constraints
- Draft and manage requirements and other supporting business documentation such as product requirements definition and user stories, in addition to customer-facing collateral (i.e. customer guides, presentations, etc.), and executive summaries
- Lead third-party development teams and collaborate with internal technical partners to implement product roadmap
- Understand, manage, and communicate prioritization of features benefits and tradeoffs with a focus on the end user and business objectives
- Review data and reporting to identify trends and provide update on performance and engagement
- Review customer and internal feedback to ensure the best experience possible and support continuous feature improvements
- Lead scoping and sourcing of third-party vendors to solve business needs
- Work with stakeholders to build and support content strategy
- Develop product strategies for future DTC services
- ‘User first’ product management approach
- Results-oriented personality with strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Subject matter expert in platforms (PC, smartphone, tablet, game consoles, smart TVs, connected devices) that allow viewers to achieve ‘watch video anytime and anywhere’ including consumption methods, user experiences, partners, platforms, content protection (DRM) and monetization systems
- Ability to think big, while paying attention to detail and balancing consumer vision with business needs
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities. Must have experience measuring user behavior on digital platforms, and using those metrics to define and iterate product features
- Ability to organize and motivate large cross-functional teams and manage conflicting interests between teams and drive to solutions
- Understanding of technical architectures, CMS solutions, and publishing tools is a plus
- Deep knowledge of media industry and understanding of video subscription space
- 3+ years of experience with digital products and platforms, with at least one focused on digital video
- 5+ years of experience successfully delivering multiple innovative and high-quality media experiences with a demonstrated ability to gather, define and convert user requirements into successful product deployments with quantifiable metrics of success
- 2+ years of experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, playing the role of backlog owner
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experiencerequired; Computer or Engineering degrees preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish- good to have
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Proficient in SDLC tools.