Director of Product Management
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Hi. We’re TiVo. At our core, we’re innovators who continuously seek to fuel the ultimate entertainment experience. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, entertainment fanatics every day by inventing and delivering beautiful user experiences, and enable the world’s leading media and entertainment providers to nurture more meaningful relationships with their audiences.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to make an impact. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and entertainment, join us today.
TiVo has an extremely loyal and devoted base of consumers who demand an adaptable, best in class software platform. In this exciting and critical role, you will be the product lead for TiVo software experience on our DVRs and Mini clients, which includes working on our next generation user experience we recently pre-announced. You will own the software roadmap and work closely with other members of the product and engineering teams to shape the future of the consumer software experience for both retail and operator customers. This is a fast-paced, highly visible product management role requiring technical expertise, leadership skills, and hands-on teamwork. If you are a highly motivated software product manager with a passion for the consumer TV experience, this is the position for you.
Learn a bit more about TiVo’s solutions here: TiVo Overview Video
Here’s what you get to do:
- Define the strategy, feature set, and product roadmap for TiVo set top box software leveraging competitive and market intelligence to build business cases for your ideas.
- Write MRDs and PRDs and other collateral to communicate the vision, strategy, and feature set for the product line
- Work with UX, Engineering, and Program Management to deliver DVR experiences to TiVo customers and partners
- Work with Marketing and PR to communicate features and benefits of the TiVo solution to consumers and partners
- Manage product and feature trade-offs with sales, marketing, finance, cable operator product managers, engineering, and management teams
- Monitor and guide the product development team throughout the execution phases for new and existing releases as the customer advocate
- Contribute to messaging and positioning for the product; work with outbound marketing (white papers, web site, FAQ, presentations, etc.)
- Represent TiVo at industry events and internal/external meetings with partners
- Stay abreast of key consumer and commercial entertainment market trends
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Self-starter, leader, high energy level (most Product Managers at TiVo set the direction for 20 or more engineers/developers)
- At least 7 years experience as a product manager in a technical environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience delivering software platforms or products designed for multiple markets
- Demonstrated success defining products, shipping them, and supporting them in the market Management of products released both domestically and internationally
- A strong drive to deliver successful and innovative products
- The ability to organize features into realistic and planned releases
- An understanding of the TV and video entertainment industry and technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills, in executive and public speaking environments. TiVo expects product managers to be able to prepare, present and defend business plans to senior members of the executive team, and to represent the company in public events and conferences.
- Good analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail. Our products and plans are backed by rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of market data, user research, and consumer feedback.
- Ability to demonstrate capability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize activities for optimal results.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired (technical undergraduatedegreepreferred, or demonstrate technical capabilities with job experience); MBA preferred