The Director of Product Management manages a team of product managers responsible for theTeleTracking portfolio. Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management, the Director has primary responsibility for managing product road maps, investment recommendations, and overall lifecycle activities. This position requires direct management experience as well as the ability to work through every part of the organization as an ambassador for TeleTracking's leading solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of Product Managers to lead execution of the product road map through interaction with the entire organization including deep interaction with SCRUM development teams.
- Work with senior leadership and other product management resources to develop actionable product strategies and road maps to take advantage of identified differentiator and trends. Report concise, factual feedback on the status of the portfolio for senior management.
- Interface with cross-functional leadership to gain insights and drive alignment on new product initiatives. Collaborate closely with product marketing to ensure that go-to-market strategies reflect the vision and strategy of the product lines.
- Analyze product line costs, profitability and sales success to ensure that the portfolio is balanced and to recommend future direction.
- Lead solution(s) through the commercialization process through collaboration with Implementation, Technical Support, Sales, and Marketing.
- Participate in or lead user conferences, trade shows, demos, customer/partner meetings, press tours and other industry events.
Master's Computer Science/Engineering or Business Administration Preferred
Bachelor's Computer Science/Engineering or Business Administration Required
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5 + years as a healthcare software product manager required. Strong preference for experience within the primary and ambulatory care settings
- 2 + years of experience in managing direct reports.
- 2 + years assessing new business opportunities for a software product company.
- 2 + years of experience in reporting status to senior management.
- Proven ability to organize/manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs.
- Ability to lead teams through direct management – as well as cross-functional influence.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required with the ability to explain advanced concepts to audiences of varying levels.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view.
- Challenges current thinking and brings others along to implement new ideas to improve business results.
- Self-motivated-who enjoys collaborating with business leads, product managers, engineering and senior executives.