Industry: Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous•
11 - 15 years
Posted 288 days agoby Bri Barber
MarketPro has partnered with one of the largest tableware manufacturers in the US in search of a Director of Product Management. For over 3 decades, this brand has pioneered custom designs that have strengthened operations and brands around the world. Quality paired with design aesthetic has led to consistent YoY growth.
Our client is well positioned for faster than average growth over the next five years. They have both the operational, and R&D ability to develop ingenious new products internally, and the financial strength to make strategic investments. Progress is planned both through faster than average organic growth of the existing business, as well a number of targeted M&A investments to enter new categories.
The Director of Product Management is a newly created positioned that is going to continue to define and create new products that will be used in well-known restaurants, hotels, colleges/universities, casinos across the world. Additionally, the Director is responsible for developing short-term and long-term product strategies for assigned categories, in order to maximize profitable growth. This includes competitive analysis, pricing, packaging, SKU rationalization and lifecycle management, portfolio management, innovation and NPD pipeline creation, forecasting, category P&L and other customer driven projects. This role will work collaboratively with sales, pricing, channelmarketing, new product development and external stakeholders, in order to execute customer, product and channel growth initiatives.
· The new “Director, Product Management” will lead development and deployment of the company’s product category strategies, designed to maximize the growth and profitability of the core tabletop alternative materials product lines
· Will have responsibility) to maximize the P&L of the tableware product lines, to deliver the revenue, market share and margin goals of the business.
· Develop, understand, and apply the voice of the customer and distributors.
· Identify gaps and emerging trends for critical segments, and apply this to generate a manageable customer and distributor segmentation.
· This leader will also lead teams to study the lifetime value (LTV) of customers and how brand and its distributor network can unlock incremental growth and profit generated by an acquired customer over time.
· Will lead and facilitate the cross functional team to deliver all in market initiatives including: product line optimization, new product launches, pricing, key relationships, distributionchannels, and benefits/positioning.
· Working collaboratively with the company’s sales force and third-party distributors in a consultative manner, this leader will develop and activate relevant and actionable “moment of truth” customer and industry Insights
· Working with both internal and external teams, will help to build and leverage a proprietary customer database and insights to design a smarter understanding of the alternative materials tabletop category.
· Responsibility for defining the resources required to build and run an effective Product Management operation.
o This will include hiring and training internal experts.
· Will work collaboratively with the marketing communications team to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of all customer and distributor communications.
· Strong P&L management and revenue growth experience
· Good general management insight and judgment
· Nimble in an SMB environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects effectively, with both time management and priority project delivery skills
· Cross functional team leadership, and key project management skills
· Good communication skills
· Solution selling and effective persuasion skills
· Experience in both direct and indirect saleschannels
· Quantitative, data-driven mindset, with pragmatic analysis and complex problem-solving skills
· Strategic thought-leadership
· Entrepreneurial, creative and resourceful
· Leadership through influence
· Relationship-building and emotional intelligence
· Associate/Bachelordegree in marketing or other relevant professionally-related field
· Minimum ten years of experience in a similar product or management roles