As the Director of Product Management you will oversee all Secondmind products and customer solutions and ensure what we take to market achieves our mission of empowering people to make better business decisions. We’re creating a new paradigm for decision-making that bridges the gap between people and AI, and your product-led mindset and leadership will be essential to making this a reality. This role reports to the VP of Product & Marketing.
- Own the planning and execution of a design-first roadmap for Secondmind software products and customer solutions, and ensure alignment with company vision and objectives.
- Lead and mentor a team to be exceptional product managers who inspire and evangelize product-led vision across the company.
- Own the end-to-end process from ideation and prioritization to release management and iteration.
- Partner with UX design, research, data science, software and machine learning engineering, and account management teams to align and execute against product strategy.
- Understand the competitive landscape and leverage knowledge to drive differentiation into Secondmind products.
- Collaborate with product marketing to ensure competitive positioning and value propositions are clearly communicated and resonate with customers and other stakeholders.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative rationale, including ongoing customer engagements and user research.
- Partner closely with business development to identify and engage with ecosystem and channel partners to execute on whole-product strategy.
- Technical strengths in modern cloud-based stacks including data analytics, machine learning, and scaled deployment to enterprises.
- Technical knowledge to drive internal decision-making within software engineering organisations.
- Comfortable and adept at working in an agile development environment and guiding the product development team to augment and adapt processes as needed.
- Understand and communicate use case benefits of applied research to help shepherd promising machine learning technology from proof of concept to commercial application.
- Think outside the box to resolve technical issues and resource conflicts, and quickly assess risk and reward of new opportunities.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- 10-15 years of experience in software product management, ideally in transportation & logistics, automotive, industrial systems, or AI platforms.
- Demonstrable experience defining, developing and deploying successful business-to-business SaaS, AIaaS or PaaS platform-based products.
- Proven ability to successfully enter new markets with early-stage software proofs of concept and prototypes.
- Experience working within startup, scale-up and well established enterprises and successfully guiding a company through these life cycle stages.
- Strong technical and business acumen.
- Excellent leadership, management and mentoring skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
We are Secondmind, born in 2016, with a mission: to empower people to make better decisions. We are a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, engineers and product managers based in Cambridge, UK, a global centre of AI excellence. Through combining branches of mathematics and engineering in ways that have never been done before, our integrated approach - and our industry-leading research credentials - gives us a unique competitive advantage.
We take pride in our diversity, valuing the experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our organisation. Our team of approximately 100 talented people from all over the globe consists of over 20 different nationalities. We are collaborative, innovative, ambitious, optimistic and curious.