Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
About the role:
Roku is seeking a Director of Product Management for Roku Pay, Platform, who is passionate about building and scaling the world-class payment platform, used by subscription and transactional content providers on the Roku platform.
In this role, you will leverage your B2C and B2B payments experience and product management skills to create new payment products platform to enable the future of Roku’s growth, based on feedback from content partners and your own ideas. You will showcase your incredible ability to execute and your obsessive focus on the quality of the platform.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Driving the overall payments platform strategy and requirements to support our consumer and content partner payments needs.
- Defining payments platform success metrics and analyze product performance. Understand and analyze user and partner needs to define product strategy.
- Consider and evaluate strategic positioning of Roku against build versus buy decisions.
- Building strong relationships across design, development, legal, finance, marketing and engineering teams and collaborate in the launch of products.
- Being an expert for payments – knowledge of billing and payment processing including subscription management (payments, invoices, credits, refunds), promotions (offers, redemptions, loyalty programs), reconciliation, financial reporting, country-specific payment options (CC, Switch, etc.), taxation, currency, payment gateways, etc.
- At least 5 years (but likely more) experience in software product management with a focus on consumer-facing billing systems.
- Experience building and scaling billing systems across desktop, mobile and (ideally) TV environments.
- Experience creating A/B tests of web flows to optimize conversion rates.
- A passion for consumer experience.
- Strong performance/results-orientation. Concrete examples of where you’ve driven material lifts in billing-related revenues.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or a related field).
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working on an application store payment platform.
- Experience working closely with large content publishers.
- International Billing & Payment experience.
Characteristics of success at Roku
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- Positive attitude
- Non political
- Results oriented
- Hands on and team oriented
- Desire to win in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to adjust plan and react as needed