This Director-level role will serve as an integral part of the product management team. This high visibility role requires an individual to identify and manage key product development programs for the LED products. They will also be responsible for leading research and reporting activities, management reporting as well as project management responsibility for key programs. Job Responsibilities
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to gain a competitive advantage over them by solving customer problems.
- Communicate product strategy, plans and roadmaps.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Conduct competitive analysis to determine product features and pricing. Translate customer feedback and market trends into clearly defined phased releases.
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Ability to generate high quality sales aids such as product guides, press releases and web content.
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Perform ongoing analysis and propose necessary actions to ensure continued marketability of the product line.
- Be responsible for the entire Product Management cycle of assigned LED products.
- 5+ years of product management experience in LED Lighting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Production / Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field.
- Strong Voice of Customer (VOC) requirements collection skills and ability
- Ability to translate VOC research and technical product capabilities into customer value proposition
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Based in CT Office
- Experience in the hazardous location products and certification standards
- Previous product marketing or sales engineerexperience with commercial, industrial, architectural indoor and outdoor LED lighting.
- Strong collaboration skills: Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, customers and third parties like lighting manufacturers reps.
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced Lighting controls experience.