We are looking for an experienced and technical Director of Product Management for Freshservice, our ITSM / ITOM solution. This leader will have a strong vision and ability to mobilize product and engineering teams to drive innovation and market leadership, a strong understanding of the ITSM market, and the changes this market is undergoing. Experience in building and marketing ITSM technology products. This role is based in our San Mateo, CA HQ and not a remote opportunity.
- Passionate and enthusiastic product leader with keen insight and interest in ITSM & ITOM systems.
- Data driven decision maker, experienced in leveraging experimentation to determine best solution to release to market.
- You are outstanding at defining and communicating a vision, and can effectively inspire and guide Product and Engineering teams to achieve market positioning and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communicator, and can apply effective influencing techniques to gain support for your team’s priorities across leaders and teams in the company.
- A proven track record of working with Enterprise and Mid-Market customers at global scale. The ideal candidate is driven by customer success and demonstrates strong customer focus in her/his decisions.
- Respected people leader with thoughtful insight about how to grow, develop large PM teams.
- Outstanding at cross group collaboration, and highly effective in working in a globally distributed organization.
- Technically savvy and able to effectively influence engineering approach and decisions.
- Outstanding public speaker with experience leading conferences sessions, executive briefings and presentations.
What Will You Do:
- Manage the end-to-end product life cycle including:
- understanding market needs
- defining product vision and strategy
- owning roadmap creation and communication
- leading release planning
- gathering requirements and functional specifications all the way through to customer enablement and success
- Lead a high performance, global, product management team. Drive thoughtful development and mentorship of talent, and create an organization that delivers both compelling product vision and deliverables that extend our market leadership.
- Perform the role of champion to promote and evangelize the product and new features with marketing, sales, support, professional services, partners and customers.
- 10+ years experience in Product Management (5+ years PM people management experience), ideally in ITSM or ITOM solutions
- Proven track record of building products on a global scale
- Must be an exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business and technical executives
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Has shown an ability to grow, develop, and retain top technical and product management talent. Has a deep understanding of development processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of Agile development techniques, yet flexible
- Previous experience developing Artificial Intelligence lead experiences
- Comfortable with a dual-site working model between the U.S. and India.
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (MBA a plus)
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks’ Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provides customer experience and service management software that are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Freshworks’ 2,500+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company has 220,000+ businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV, Sotheby’s and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products transform the way world class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, includes Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including ranking #40 in the prestigious Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, and listings on the Magic Quadrants for CRM Customer Engagement, Sales Force Automation & IT Service Management. In addition to Freshworks’ incredible organic growth, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning and Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised nearly $400 million in capital from brand investors including Accel, CapitalG, and Sequoia Capital and was recently valued at over $3.5 billion.