Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Are you interested in defining the foundations for great software products? EA is looking for a talented, analytical, strategic, execution and impact-driven product leader. As Director of Product Management, you will partner with studio and game team leaders in a portfolio of studios that includes PopCap, FireMonkeys, and Pogo to define and deliver on new development and live services
The successful candidate should have a proven track record of identifying customer needs, gathering requirements from stakeholders, building business cases, growing game monetization and engagement, evangelizing a product vision, working in a matrix organization and, most importantly, delivering delightful customer experience.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Partner effectively with game team leadership and creative leaders to ensure products are designed to sustain as a business over the course of years.
- Be a leader, mentor, and connector to high performing PMs in studios in multiple locations around the world
- Influence the growth of the PM capability in partnership with PM leadership peers across EA Studios while increasing the visibility and impact of the discipline.
- Develop strong partnerships across EA central teams (analytics, central tech, marketing, publishing, etc.) and align on business objectives.
- Master and help deploy frameworks for best in class economy design in collaboration withgame teams, taking into account gameplay, player motivations, genre, platform, and business models.
- Advocate for goal-oriented/KPI driven feature, system, and tools design in development and throughout live service. Build an approach for measuring outcomes for every release across studios.
- Drive strategic conversations with central teams on technologies impacting studios, champion best in class studio live service tools and tech needs.
- Translate a deep understanding of the competitive landscape into clear product recommendations.
- Partner with UED/UX/Design team to ensure that PM priorities are woven into delightful customer experiences.
- 5 + years product management experience, with focus on developing and servicing AAA games leveraging free to play mechanics
- Detail-oriented with experience developing use cases, scenarios, business requirements, and product roadmaps
- Experience running economies for several titles over multiple years in live service. Develops a framework for economy design taking into account gameplay, genre, platform, and business model.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management • Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirement
- Previous experience inside larger matrixed companies
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage a program "by the numbers" - must be metrics-driven
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic environment.
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence.
- Self-Starter who is able to identify and solve problems
- Experience working with multiple teams across multiple locations
- BA/BS required; master's degree preferred.
- Passion for gaming a must!