As a Director of Product Management for Data Connectivity, Integration, and Management you will help to evolve, refine and grow our data onboarding & management solutions and platform in order to save users time: by making it easy for them to get data into Splunk and derive insights they need and by accelerating their ability to understand and solve for issues.
- Own the overall strategy for Splunk’s platform-level data acquisition and integration capabilities, including agent management, data connectors, pre-built integrations, and platform level ingestion services.
- Manage a team of product managers
- Understand domain and platform level market including customer needs, competitive landscape, and macro-level market trends
- Ensure the scalable, reliable, cost-effective operation of cloud services for data ingestion and streaming analytics
- 8+ years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- Must have Data Streaming technology experience and understand the ecosystem.
- Background in enterprise data management; bonus if those were monitoring, log management or analytics products
- Must have managed a team of Product Managers
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience, and energy
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field. Or equivalent practical experience.
- MBA from top-tier program. Or equivalent practical experience.
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies