MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
Rare opportunity to be part of a team for a leader and rapidly growing company in the big data space. You will need a strong product and technical background to own and drive the strategy, roadmap and product features to deliver innovative cloud services at scale with MapR platform.
* Understand customer requirements, competition, and markets in depth
* Determine market opportunities, build business cases, product vision and strategy for MapR cloud services with a focus on needs for enterprise customers
* Work with the UX to define intuitive user workflows to provide ground-breaking AI & Analytics experiences
* Launch the vision, product strategy, and roadmap and collaborate with engineering to bring the vision to reality using cutting-edge technologies
* Define partner programs and features that empower MapR partner eco-system to build up-the-stack capabilities on top of MapR – increasing overall Enterprise adoption
* Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
* GTM/product positioning and field enablement to ensure that sales, support, professional services and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
* BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field. MBA preferred.
* A minimum of 7-10 years’ work experience in product management, engineering or customer facing field engineering teams
* Strong background and proven track record working with Cloud, SaaS, emerging cloud use-cases for web/mobile and enterprise customers
* Experience in building Cloud/SaaS-based analytics and data products from the ground up is a strong plus
* Familiarity with big data ecosystem and orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes is a strong plus
?Keys to success:??
* Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on customer research, data, and industry trends.
* Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
* Ability to execute complex initiatives by working with cross-functional teams across the company
* Highly motivated and Self Driven with minimal guidance
* Hands-on attitude. Likes to try out the technology personally