Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
The Director, Product Management has ownership of a portfolio of products and is accountable for the strategic direction of portfolio and ongoing management for profitability. This position demonstrates an understanding of synergies across the portfolio and how to meet market needs and continue to drive growth by understanding and evaluating enterprise-wide assets to improve our competitive position and drive customer value. The Director, Product Management considers internal and external dynamics when developing recommendations and strategies; critically evaluates information and recommends what should or shouldn't proceed; and demonstrates systems thinking and can readily identify downstream impacts of decisions and proactively construe alternatives.
- Product strategy 30%
- Delivery Management 30%
- Sales and Operational Support 20%
- Leadership 20%
Responsibility 1: Product Strategy
- Lead primary and secondary customer and market research, developing a deep understanding of customer needs, market opportunities, the competitive landscape, and competitor strategies
- Support validation of product concepts or ideas, establishing and getting support for the vision and approach
- Define who the customer is, what is the problem or opportunity, what is the most important customer benefits, and the customer experience
- Define product market fit (market and competitive analysis) supporting that the market is good with the solution and that the solution meets real customer needs in a way that is better than alternatives
- Model sales, costs, expected return and pricing approach; Accountable for product performance and quality standards that directly impact financial performance; Evaluates financial analyses, predicts impact of internal and external events on financial performance
Responsibility 2: Delivery Management
- Maintain the product roadmap, setting priorities based on product gaps, opportunities, or assessed business value
- Craft MVPs using lean concepts and customer benefits; Prioritize features for releases and maintain frequent incremental approach to enhancements using lean oncepts; Maintain release plan
- Lead development and maintenance of flows, experiences, mock-ups and features that clearly articulate the intent/goal/scope; Accountable for quality of user stories and other product management deliverables
- Identify and remove impediments, lead the execution of release objectives
- Lead the build and maintenance of the team backlog (user stories, defects, and enablers)
- Understand the scope and business implications of technical decisions and enablers, providing input on decisions and sequencing of technical enablers
- Actively participate in all delivery ceremonies, include demos, retrospectives, and inspect and adapt workshops.
Responsibility 3: Sales and Operational Support
- Ensures sales and operations teams understand the product features and value proposition; Documents product operations and features in a manner that facilitates rapid implementation and product launches
- Support go to market processes, including participating in sales meeting,
- Assess and quantify impacts of features and gaps to business when working with operational teams to understand pain points or improvement opportunities; Develop near term mitigation strategies where issues cannot be resolved
- Maintain processes to incorporate customer and business feedback into prioritization and backlog development
Responsibility 4: Organization and capability building
- Establish and maintain relationship across Change Healthcare, including sales, account management, marketing, partner management, and Network solutions.
- Provides leadership, management, coaching and/or mentoring to others; accountable for the performance of and results through others
- Customer focus: View issues or opportunities through the eyes of the customer, prioritizing value for both the customer and Change Healthcare
- Scaling a business: Establish teams, processes, and infrastructure that allow a business to rapidly scale while exceeding customer expectations and financial targets
- Driving results: Results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills
- Agility: Can quickly adapt to new problems or circumstances, looks for ways to validate ideas and hypotheses through data and experimentation
- Leading people: Recruit, develop, and retain top talent. Ability to gain insights through relationships with front-line and mid-level personnel.
- Collaborating and influencing: Build strong relationships and partnerships within and outside of the company
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization Open, honest, and direct communication style that develops rapport and credibility across the organization.
- 7 years experience in product management, customer success, management consulting, or related functions
- Experience with complex healthcare organizations, payments, or consumer solutions preferred
- Success scaling new products or in a startup environment preferred
- Travel (approximately 10%-25% of time) may be required
- Use customer and business insights to build and evangelize a customer centered vision and strategy, so that product development occurs with the end in mind
- Product management and agile delivery methods
- Can take big, complex goals and break them into discreet and actionable projects or initiatives
- Build informal/formal networks internally and externally, driving alignment and buy-in behind shared objectives, to drive results.
- Work effectively with peers, partners and others who are not in the line of command to positively impact business performance
- Superior organizational, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Excellent facilitation and executive level communication skills required
- Bachelors or equivalent degree required, Master’s Degree preferred