The underlying 3D reconstruction platform that powers our products is based on a combination of computer vision and machine learning and spans across our mobile applications and backend tech stack. We’re looking for a senior, technical product leader to define and direct the evolution of this critical platform. This is a full-time position at a growth-stage startup in SOMA, San Francisco.
WHO YOU ARE
This role sits at the heart of HOVER’s technology and IP. This is a high impact role requiring strong business acumen and technical skills to define and deliver ground-breaking products. Other important attributes include:
You are passionate about deeply technical subjects
You will work closely with an engineering team moving quickly to transform what are often theoretical or academic approaches into production-grade software. A successful candidate will challenge the team’s assumptions while inspiring them to execute.
You roll up your sleeves
Everyone from our Founder/CEO down is a doer, and this role is no exception. While this is a senior role, you will also be a primary individual contributor. This means doing the dirty work of digging into data, writing specs and stories, and planning sprints.
You thrive in chaos
We’re an early growth-stage startup where things can change daily. Ideally you have worked in similar situations in the past and are itching to get back to that small company environment where you can move fast again.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 10+ years defining, building, and shipping high-quality software in rapidly growing markets, with at least 3 years as a senior product leader building and managing a team. This is a senior role.
- Analytical rigor in evaluating and prioritizing projects and roadmap initiatives, and a ruthless approach to prioritization when it comes to how you choose to spend your time, and where you ask your team to spend theirs.
- Management experience, but also the capacity to influence without direct authority across multiple cross-functional constituencies.
WE HOPE YOU HAVE
- Working experience with machine learning / AI / deep learning, including work with OpenCV, Caffe, TensorFlow, Theano, and/or other computer vision libraries and deep learning frameworks.
- A passion for 3D (including AR / VR) and a deep appreciation for how it can revolutionize the way our world works.