This position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. (BS/BA) an MBA is strongly preferred.
- 10 plus years successful marketing experience
- 3-5 years experience working in a manufacturing or high tech environment.
- 3-5 years experience working on a global scale
- Demonstrate record of success to develop brand awareness and generate leads for the sales department.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Direct the development of assigned product line, working with domestic and international operations staffs. Review and validate problem reports, evaluate enhancement requests and determine appropriateness and priority of requests, based on expectations for user satisfaction and marketability. Determine process and create solutions to suit program and customer requirements.
- Work in conjunction with sales and marketing management in all markets including the Americas, Europe and Asia in order to recommend and implement specific marketing programs and maintain a global market focus for all programs in order to build brand awareness and success for the corporation.
- Direct the development and implementation of sales promotions and marketing campaigns to focus on assigned product line. Ensure timely distribution of press releases in support of chosen marketing strategies.
- Participate in long term product development planning. Ensure collaboration between product groups in development efforts to ensure efficient development and delivery of software products.
- Plan and monitor the implementation of the assigned product line. Work with Marketing Department to identify requirements for new product literature to cover new products and versions. Monitor and consult on the development and production of product manuals and training materials. Monitor the production process involved in the implementation of new products. Create part numbering schemes and bills of material structures for enhanced or modified products and related components.
- Respond to and resolve any range of problems arising during development or implementation process, including issues related to upgrades, product pricing, technical concepts and overall product vision.
- Convey product vision and direction to field and inside sales staff and provide technical product guidance to assist in preparing sales staff to effectively communicate product enhancements, value and capabilities and to respond to customer issues and concerns. Provide solutions to specific technical concerns raised by sales staff based on customer requirements and issues.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production check lists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Tools and equipment used:
- Computer, business software, usual peripherals and common office equipment and the organization’s line of equipment and software for the purposes of demonstration.