General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Product Lines at General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) located in our Rancho Bernardo office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the Head of Product Lines of GA-EMS, the Director of Product Lines will be responsible for overseeing and directing all activities of the Aftermarket and Sales team to ensure that company quality objectives related to customer satisfaction are exceeded.
- Maintaining existing aftermarket accounts with customers and establishing new accounts via traditional and non-traditional channels.
- Direct and control all activities of the Aftermarket Sales and Services team through multiple levels of management and is responsible for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and approving changes to methods and practices.
- Setting revenue targets for aftermarket-related products and services, develop evolving plans to grow the aftermarket business and increase customer satisfaction, and work well with the other functional areas to ensure customer needs are met in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Remaining engaged on booked projects to ensure aftermarket issues with the customer are smoothly addressed.
- Establishing list and/or selling prices of aftermarket components and services and ensuring pricing is maintained.
- Proactively assisting in defining customer requirements.
- Working within the team to initiate, develop, and submit aftermarket quotations to include price, delivery, and terms for domestic and international projects.
- Assisting with aftermarket strategies for new projects as they are bid and won.
- Maintaining the parts and services catalog.
- Managing/maintaining inventory levels.
- Reviewing market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Assisting with sales forecasting activities and determining sales objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating competitive activities to enhance market intelligence.
- Preparing strategic and tactical plans to improve sales and margins for products.
- Communicating key customer, market trends/actions, and economic changes to senior management.
- Establishing effective internal working relationships with integrated departments to customer expectations: Engineering and Design, Contracts, Production Management, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, Finance, etc.
- Assisting with developing an internal infrastructure that supports our business in the aftermarket.
- Participating in industry trade shows and customer events.
- Developing and delivering presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Managing staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Ensuring compliance to Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as thirteen or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least seven of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Preferred management experience in Aftermarket Sales and Services.
- Must demonstrate comprehensive leadership skills including organizing, planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadline or milestones; and the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Must possess (1) the ability to resolve complex management and technical problems; (2) strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings; (3) strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; (5) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required, and, (6) good computer skills.
- U.S. citizenship is required.