Job Title: Director of Product Line Management
Location: Bay Area - CA
Compensation: Base: $185 - $230K "range" plus bonuses
Benefits: Excellent Benefits, 401(k), etc.
Company and Position Summary:
Company is a worldwide leader in the optical component/sub-component space with a focus on optical coatings, filters, 3D Sensing, LiDAR, Diffusers and other related products. All of these products are sold to multiple markets, however this position is solely focused on the Aerospace and Defense markets. The company has existing business in Aerospace and Defense and has made a large investment to grow their market share organically and thru acquisition. For the career minded, this would be a "well timed" move!
About the Job:
- As the individual responsible for defining and driving the marketing and product roadmap strategies, the Product Line Manager will collaborate with existing customers to ensure that their near term and long term product development requirements are met.
- Must be a driver of new business to meet the growth targets of your employer.
- You will own the product life cycles of your product line and grow the business based on your competitive analysis, understanding of market trends and customer feedback and input from the government sales team.
- You will work closely with key government primes like Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, DRS, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, BAE and others
- Work closely with the government agencies to understand budgets and opportunities.
- Although a secret security clearance is not required, the company is ITAR compliant and cleared for classified work.
- The Director of Product Line Management will collaborate with core members of Sales, Marketing, R&D & Manufacturing to ensure alignment of mutual goals.
- Improve senior level relationships with aerospace and defense customers and primes through regular contact and virtual meetings.
- Broaden external visibility of the division by working with marketing & communications.
- Support the sales teams by playing a big part in contract negotiations, RFPs, etc.
- BS degree required (A technical degree preferred)
- Technical understanding of optical sensors, optical coatings, lasers, diffusers, infrared, large scale optics and other related optical technology.
- Must understand the government agency ecosystem and how purchasing decisions are made
- Documented success leading successful deployments of product into the government agencies and primes.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to get a security clearance when required
- Experience providing product into missile defense systems would be great