Our mission is to build a better financial system by empowering the individual. That means expanding access, lowering costs, and improving quality. The result (so far) is: investments that were once primarily reserved for billion-dollar endowments and sovereign wealth funds are now available to investors of all sizes at the touch of a button.
But there's more to do. Institutional investors still hold a major advantage over individual investors when it comes to owning the best private real estate investments — for now. That's where you come in.
We’re seeking a Director of Product, Growth to lead in the ideation, shaping, development, launch, analysis, and iterative improvement of new products and services that will accelerate the growth of the Fundrise platform. On the Product team at Fundrise, you will take ownership of creating and monitoring customer acquisition-centric flywheels - working constantly with the marketing, design, engineering, and legal teams to find the biggest opportunities amidst a dynamic and evolving regulatory environment.
This is a senior role with significant responsibility - we want you to both execute and improve our evolving product processes. However, this role is not for someone who is interested in leaving the day-to-day work of a product manager behind. There is still hands-on, tactical work to be done – we call it “ditch digging” – and often that kind of work is what’s necessary to get something done.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. However, we are also open to full-time remote candidates. We have a number of full-time remote employees so you'll fit right in. We exclusively hire creative, collaborative, and results-driven people with a penchant for bold ideas and an obsession with solving problems.
In this role, you will:
- Work with senior leadership across the organization to build, iterate, and optimize the product roadmap for investor acquisition
- Evaluate existing conversion optimization opportunities and conduct large-scale hypothesis-driven feature development through qualitative and quantitative research and A/B, multivariate tests
- Advance multiple initiatives in different phases of work (research, scoping, design, development, analysis, etc.) at the same time
- Coordinate with stakeholders to collect a robust set of requirements for features and products that drive aggressive user and business growth
- Conduct competitive and market research to inform strategic decision making
- Measure and report on the success or failure of different features of the application
- Provide feedback and mentorship for other members of the product team
Mandatory skills / experience:
- 7+ years of end-to-end product management experience with at least 3 years in a dedicated Growth position.
- Previously led a team of designers, engineers, and other stakeholders. Owned a roadmap, managed sprints, and drove that team to achieving measured goals.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. You can always articulate the “why” behind your proposals.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change — jumping into work with little definition
- Ability to consume information from multiple varying sources (quantitative and qualitative data, strategic direction, customer feedback, etc.) and distill it into clear priorities and action items. You love numbers but can tell when they’re not telling the full story.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and resources, driving work and results that are the highest value for the company.
Preferred skills / experience:
- Knowledge of the FinTech and Investment industry
- Proficiency with SQL, Tableau, Excel, or other data analysis tools
- Familiarity with UI/UX principles, mobile and web mockups and wireframes
Ideally, you are:
- Organized. You keep meticulous notes and are able to manage multiple projects in different phases of work at the same time. Context-switching does not bother you.
- Pragmatic. You think critically about the task at hand and are constantly discussing and evaluating the trade-offs in different approaches — recognizing there are always different ways to solve a problem.
- Curious. You are naturally curious about things you don't understand and actively look for opportunities to grow and learn from those around you.
- Vocal. You actively participate in meetings and are willing to advocate for what you believe in. You provide thoughtful, constructive review of others work, knowing that everyone is working towards the same objective.
- Collaborative. You are comfortable talking to and working with different people and teams. You can speak intelligently about a wide variety of topics but know when to say “I don’t know.”
- Paranoid (a little). You are constantly trying to poke holes in your own thinking and understand what the second, third, and nth order effects might be.