What We Do
WELCOME TO THE DIGITAL COMMODITY ECOSYSTEM™
XCHG is the global marketplace for data-driven, ESG-inclusive products, and the platform for redefining value based on immutable information—we prove provenance so commodities can be valued according to their full life-cycle story. We empower market participants to value energy, carbon, and water in an information-rich, resource-constrained world. Our platform is composed of three components:
XMarkets: Connects multiple registries with a diverse set of ESG-centric spot markets, matching buyers and sellers in frictionless exchange and eliminating counterparty risk. CBL Markets provides access to the world’s energy and environmental markets. Aviation Carbon Exchange (ACE) is a partnership between CBL and IATA to provide a marketplace for emissions-compliance obligations under CORSIA. H2OX supports efficient, transparent trading of water entitlements and allocations in Australian water markets.
XContext: Correlates primary production information with external data to create a Proof of State™, an immutable record for each physical commodity that can be configured into an infinite array of digital ESG assets.
XSignals: Translates ESG spot market price data into high-quality reference products, enabling global markets to accurately price ESG factors for a low-carbon future.
In this role, you will own the definition and adoption of product lines within our XSignals platform. The XSignal offering is a core component of the XCHG portfolio of products that surfaces commodity market insights and actionable intelligence leveraging a goldmine of environment commodity data.
- Build and evolve an intelligent insights product line that exemplifies data-driven storytelling and decision making for environmental commodities market participants.
- Design product capabilities for customer segmentation analysis, end of period price reporting, sector, instrument and commodity performance insights through a combination of programmatic and visualization interfaces.
- Help to define and justify product lines and revenue opportunities with the organization.
- Collaborate on data contracts with technical stakeholders to drive integration across our entire portfolio.
- Provide thought leadership within and outside of the team, and contribute to the product roadmap for XSignals
- Evolve the unified data strategy that powers our offering and considers how each part of our product portfolio contributes to XSignals.
- Interact with customers and industry leaders to refine and deliver the best possible products and outcomes.
- Establish or participate in Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and foster iterative refinement of roadmaps.
- Drive build-vs-buy decisions in our product development process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Proven experience with business intelligence technology stacks built using public cloud services
- Deep understanding of environment commodity markets including RECs, offsets, allowances
- Passion for industry and technology combined with the ability to define visionary products
- Ability to analyze data using SQL, Tableau or a similar BI tool
- Ability to create Tableau dashboards and worksheets
- Ability to define operational requirements for running data products
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and be measured by your ability to satisfy internal customer needs
- Credibility to evangelize our core value propositions to the marketplace
- Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of commercial and technical understanding
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking - ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- 3+ years of experience working with market, financial or transactional data sets
- 3+ year(s) experience with enterprise platform products
- Successful track record in senior product roles delivering impactful solutions
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Experience with commodity markets and trading
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple product initiatives in parallel
- Smart, talented, fun, engaging people committed to making the world a better place
- Generous health benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Discretionary Vacation/PTO policy
- 401k plan
- Stock options