Job Requisition ID #
Director of Product Management
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job ID: 21WD46426Position Overview
We are seeking an experienced Director to lead Product Management for Autodesk Entertainment & Media Cloud Solutions. The position is located in Boston, in the Entertainment Media Solutions (EMS) group. In this role you will define, build and execute a growth product strategy for delighting existing customers and targeting new ones.You will be a role model for our product leadership team and drive our commitment to becoming a customer company. This translates to taking a customer centric approach to devising and executing the product strategy and building a high performing team to take the business to the next level.
Our vision is to help lead the industry to the future of production by listening to our evolving customers, anticipating industry needs and delivering best in class cloud solutions that adapt to current and future needs of today's environments.
In this role you will be at the forefront of defining, designing and building the next generation of cloud solutions and services for Film, TV and Game based workflows. You will be at the forefront of the business, meeting with customers and our partners regularly to inform and validate your strategy. You will also be partnering closely with internal teams to ensure our cloud strategy is in support of our creative portfolio to bring the optimal workflows to the industry and our customers.
At Autodesk, you will work within an inclusive culture that advocates and celebrates diversity and offers competitive and equitable salaries, generous benefits, exciting career growth opportunities and work-life balance.Responsibilities
- Champion and execute a holistic vision for the Entertainment Cloud Solutions (EMS) group
- Be the customer facing leader to learn and document what they need and how we can make them successful via cloud services and apps
- Define, lead and execute a results driven process for product management and development
- Balance long term vision and big picture thinking with guidance and support of work currently in flight; ensure that today's projects inform the vision for the future, and vice versa
- Demonstrate collaborative leadership with leaders across multiple cross-product initiatives, some of which may be very broad-reaching in natureand outside the EMS organization
- Work with product and design managers to build and manage strong product management and design teams that consistently deliver on their goals, with a focus on evolving the practice
- Recruit, develop, and retain key talent- build a high performing team
- Promote a culture of rapid iteration based on insights gleaned from customer research and data analytics
- Demonstrate an exceptional understanding of and ability to execute Autodesk's strategic vision
- Thought leadership; represent innovative methods and approaches that delights the team and our customers
- Relentlessly pursue emerging technologies and trends and introduce state-of-the-art design methodologies
- Define the three year vision and strategy for Entertainment cloud solutions portfolio and develop the business plan to execute on strategy
- Identify technology opportunities, dependencies, gaps and risks
- Clearly define and communicate priority solution workflows and product enhancements
- Maintains current industry and competitive knowledge of the cloud, mobile, social and SaaS market space.
- Engage customers and the industry through engagements such as customer councils, executive briefings, industry events, media support
- Identify and build critical relationships with third party vendors
- Work with executive leadership to set expectations and manage risks, dependencies and tradeoffswithin complex project delivery.
- Work closely with Autodesk customers, partners and internal teams to develop product strategy and roadmap while leveraging metrics to manage risks and dependencies.
- At least 12+ years of product managementexperience in a relevant industry
- 5+ years in the media and entertainment industry, preferred
- Demonstrated leadershipof large B2B or consumer software and product managementteams
- Experience designing and implementing large scale, multi-tier cloud and mobile platforms
- Passion forcreating & driving towards user experience outcomes
- Prior experience building, developing, and leading teams of product managers and designers in highly collaborative Scrum/agile environments
- Ability to set priorities and evangelize a shared plan with a wide range of audiences at all levels of the organization, including senior executives.
- Up-to-date expertise in human-centered design best practices, customer research, and content strategy
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas to their essence, influence senior audiences
- Experience developing cloud-based applications and/or services
- Experience with mapping user journeys, setting objectives and key results
- Experience designing and building Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), high availability, scalable web services
- Experience managing experts in scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of security best practices
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .