Are you passionate about building seamless customer experiences? Do you have a track record of hiring and developing high-performing product teams? Do you thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments, obsessed with innovating on behalf of customers? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this may be the role for you.
Chewy is looking for an experienced Director of Product, eCommerce to define and execute the product strategy for Chewy’s web properties. As a product leader, you will lead a team of product managers to generate ideas for new site features and enhancements, ensuring that we continue to raise the bar for our customers. You will work cross-functionally across Product, UX/UI, Technology, Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Service, Operations, and Executive teams to create and build support for a shared product vision. You will also serve as a key customer advocate, ensuring the voice of the customer is embedded in key business decisions.
This high-profile role will be pivotal in defining the next-level Chewy digital customer experience and has enormous opportunity for business impact.
What you'll do:
- Understand the key features and functionality of the Chewy digital customer experience and identify opportunities for optimization, new feature development, and innovation.
- Directly lead and develop a team of junior and experienced product managers; grow that team in accordance with customer and business needs.
- Develop a keen understanding of the product design and development process, identifying areas of improvement and implementing process solutions quickly and iteratively.
- Set the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate feature releases and internal/external communications.
- Utilize data to understand customer behavior/needs as well as business objectives; enable the team to transform that knowledge into product enhancements and new features.
- Write detailed requirements and use cases/user stories and communicate them effectively with business stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with UX Design team on primary/customer research, ensuring new features meet customer and business needs.
- Work closely with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements.
- Communicate product strategy and status to key stakeholders across Chewy; develop intake process for feature enhancement suggestions.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in product management or related field, with 5+ years building and managing product teams; eCommerce experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Business, Marketing, Statistics, or a related technical/quantitative field. MBA a plus.
- Experience developing product strategy, defining product requirements, prioritizing product roadmap, building and leading product teams, and working cross-functionally to deliver results.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations and make trade-offs at all levels of management.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment leveraging Scrum; track record of building productive relationships with engineering leadership.
- Proven quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills; must be comfortable performing data analysis and making data-driven decisions, both independently and in collaboration with analytics teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to explain and simplify technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, take initiative, and act collaboratively with team members and internal partners.
- A passion for technology and delivering best-in-class web-based customer experiences.
- Motivated self-starter willing to roll up sleeves and execute while building and mentoring a team; comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous environment with little direction.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities while delivering results.