This position is responsible for managing multiple development and maintenance projects for Epiq – ECAR business unit.
- Manage multiple cross-disciplinary Agile (Scrum) development teams, consisting of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Business Analysts
- Interact regularly with technology staff across Architecture, Development, Infrastructure, Support, Product Management and Portfolio Management
- Reduce allocated expenses, improve delivery, quality and performance, modernize and enhance user experience
- Work across the organization to stay up to date with audit and information security policies to ensure all groups across the organization are aligned, trained and held accountable for the technology, security and audit requirement
- Keep a critical eye on new design specifications and raise quality, performance or architectural concerns
- Mentor development team members with a constructive, results oriented approach
- Remove impediments that Scrum teams cannot remove themselves
- Enforce the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Provide high level estimates of future development projects
- Regularly communicate product roadmap and status of key initiatives to internal stakeholders and executives.
- Manages the budgeting for the department
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related relevant engineering fields and 10 years of work-related experience, or Master's degree and 8 year of work-related experience
- Eight plus years demonstrated experience leading software engineering teams along with 5 plus years of management and organizational budgeting experience.
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, agile development practices, infrastructure, security practices, and capacity planning is required
- Proven track record of leading geographically dispersed organization as well as application modernization or transformation
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems and identify best practices
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing through presentations and individual discussions with all levels of the organization
- Strong business acumen and agility within a large, matrixed organization
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team