We are seeking a Director of Product Design to build an industry leading product design team. This team will be responsible for building products to realize Volta as the brand to watch in the electric mobility space. We solve hard problems with ease and a little bit of magic for our users. You will work internally and with outside agencies to develop hardware products, media products, data products, mobile experiences all aimed at accelerating EV adoption via great design.
You are a passionate, intellectually curious, design leader with proven ability to build and manage top tier teams. You lead with user empathy and a passion for pushing things the extra mile to achieve something truly special. You are fluent in product design from a macro hardware systems all the way down to micro-interactions and are incredibly detail oriented. You are a proven collaborator with other disciplines and business leads while ensuring a high degree of integrity in your work.
This position will be based in San Francisco, and will report to the Head of Product.
- Creative Direction through leading project team and hands on design work
- Lead team of product designers with growth mindset
- Create flexible and scalable frameworks and guidelines to ensure consistency across products
- Ensure personality of the brand comes through our end to end experience keeping empathy and customer delight at the forefront
- Set a high bar for quality while still enabling necessary velocity
- Collaborate with diverse disciplines to define products capable of building meaningful market differentiation
- Create a cooperative climate that provides Designers clear direction for projects and skills development
- Bachelors degree in design or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in product design
- 5+ years of experience leading design teams
- Proven experience with user centered designWell versed in best practices and design tools
- Experience bringing products from concept to marketDeep understanding of Brand
- Proven ability to work with varied stakeholders to build relationships and alignment
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player. You can work independently but love bringing insights back to your team and learning from each other.
- A nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices