Mercari is the selling app. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 45M+ downloads in the U.S. and 150k new listings every day, we're just getting started.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and manage a growing team of talented designers and user researchers.
- Drive the design vision of the company, working closely with Product Management, Engineering and Product Marketing leaders.
- Partner with cross functional directors evolve our product development process.
- Define design goals, strategies and guidelines.
- Set high standards for UX and design and implement structure and process to ensure that the design and engineering teams meet these standards.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and QA to ensure a cohesive user experience.
- Drive Design thinking throughout the organization and effectively lead cross-discipline work streams.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years experience in product design and leadership.
- BA/BS degree in design, research, HCI, a related field, or have equivalent experience.
- Experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- An obsession for a relentless pursuit of UX perfection, working inside an iterative and agile development environment.
- Track record of being an influential design leader and manager, working effectively with your peers to define and deliver on strategy.
- Ability to paint a long-term vision for design, but also have the ability to strategically approach design through A/B testing to widen our funnel on our product.
- Proven track record of being able to balance ambiguity, business awareness, technology, research and data insights, and high design quality.