You and your team will distill complex problems and propose clear, efficient, consistent solutions. You're meticulous and excited about beautiful design, and you love seeing products ship. You're hungry for new ways to do things. You follow the latest trends, download the newest apps, and experiment with the latest devices. You have a keen eye for useful products, and you share your findings with the team. You're a tireless advocate for the end user. You have deep empathy for their everyday struggles and challenges. You always put their needs first, and you're unwavering in your desire to provide the best experiences for users.
The ideal candidate enjoys creating experiences with technology, hacking on new projects, and intensely working on high-value, strategic initiatives under tight time constraints. You will have direct access to customer executives and MedInsight executive management, while working closely with the MedInsight Development and Sales organizations. You must have excellent communication skills, energy, and thoughtfulness to build and deliver the best in the world for our customers.
Note MedInsight is a division of Milliman. Milliman is one of the world's largest actuarial consulting firms in the world with over 3,000 employees in 58 offices around the world. Our Technology and Operations Solutions software team has been developing and selling data warehousing solutions for 20 years.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage and develop a team of talented designers
- Recruit, nurture and retain best-in-class talent
- Influence and compellingly communicate the vision to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Build strong partnerships across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Solve complex UX design problems across multiple channels
- Collaborate closely with product owners/managers (POs & PMs) to find opportunities for new products/features and validate assumptions through user testing and research
- Work with engineering to deliver final product
- Reinforce a design-thinking culture that leverages the best product, technology and innovative talent
- Work with devs and QE to deliver polished final product
- Evangelize interface guidelines and design patterns.
- Responsible for ensuring product feedback is collected from existing and potential clients, and MedInsight Sales and Marketing staff.
- Measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of the product management function.
- Collaborate with other Milliman practices (global) to add internally developed analytic methods to the platform.
- Thought leadership on healthcare analytic functionality. Maintain presence in the healthcare analytic community by writing white papers, blogs and doing presentations.
Skills and Experience
Candidates interested in this position should have the following skills and background experience:
- Managed an entire product lifecycle from concept to release
- 7-10+ years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams from start to finish
- Preference given to candidates with experience in healthcare analytics products.
- A strong passion for managing and mentoring designers both on staff and with 3rd parties.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices - and you're always looking to improve on your process
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Power to influence others and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems