Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Posted 27 days ago
Details: A Director of Procurement job in Bethesda, Maryland is currently available through Belcan with one of our industry leading engineering consulting clients. To be considered for this role you will have a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area and 15-20 years of relevant work experience within a manufacturing or construction procurement function. Experience should include a procurement leader role for construction projects that involved manufacturing facility costs in excess of $50 million and a proven track record of delivering large savings. In this role you will create and oversee the procurement strategy for the organization and lead the development and implementation of purchasing best-practices, policies and procedures across the organization.
Director of Procurement Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish KPI’s to measure performance against goals and objectives and define continuous improvement principles that foster cost reductions and strengthens synergies of cross-functional teams and build, manage and lead a best-in-class team of professionals aligned with the company's values.
• Manage the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training, development and knowledge management capabilities by the creation and management of short, mid and long-term goals and objectives.
• Selection and management of systems supporting procurement activities, collaborate with functional leaders to understand vision and goals and ensure execution of all procurement strategies throughout the company and manage projects and prepare spend analysis, as needed.
• Create and maintain relationships that drive ongoing value creation with a world class supply base, identify and manage strategic business relationships that underpin the company's short, mid and long-term growth targets.
• Drive compliance with the company's Delegation of Authority ensuring that new vendor relationships and contractual commitments are appropriately reviewed/approved and management of cross functional budget initiatives for alignment with procurement activities.
Director of Procurement Job Requirements, Skills and Preferences:
• 15-20 years of relevant and progressive work experience in a manufacturing or construction procurement function
Bachelor’s degree (Master's Degree preferred) in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering or a related area
• Solid operational management and general business skills with a proven track record of delivering large savings
• Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, treasury, risk management, etc., and experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems.
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills with excellent communication and listening skills.