8 - 10 years
Posted 165 days ago
The Director of Procurement oversees the development and functionality of the Supply Chain process and Procurement team. The position is accountable for all procurement activities associated with Cable One, in line with the company policies & procedures.
• Responsible for purchasing of goods and services in excess of $300 million.
• Negotiates and executes purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
• Develops detailed understanding of the end-to-end process of assigned areas, including related stakeholders, systems, and internal controls that support internal and external reporting.
• Develops and upholds organizational procurement strategy including creation and management of short, mid, and long-term goals and objectives.
• Responsible for identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
• Participates in regular cross-functional meetings; leads the team in identifying problems, troubleshooting solutions, and implementing decisions.
• Oversees the procurement process, including sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities.
• Develops benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the development of purchasing policy and procedure documents and training plans for purchasing department resources and field associate users. Ensures compliance at all levels with corporate procurement policies and procedures.
• Manages internal fleet of approximately 1500 vehicles.
• Manages material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support construction activities while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
• Develops processes to monitor slow-moving or excess inventory and recommend corrective actions.
• Meets regularly with internal stakeholders and suppliers to understand markets and satisfy business needs.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation(s) will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or related field from four-year college or university; and a minimum of 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) Certification, Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) Certification, or Certified Professional in Contract Management (CPCM) Certification preferred.
• Up to 10% travel required.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office application with an advanced knowledge of Excel required.