As Director, you'll lead the Firm’s procurement efforts and will be responsible for the timely and cost effective delivery of goods and services. This position will play a key role in ensuring the appropriate processes and controls related to procurement, travel, and vendor management exist and are adhered to firm-wide.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Rochester, NY; Boston, MA; Washington, D.C.; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
- Develop and implement firm-wide procurement policies and procedures and promote compliance.
- Lead the continuous improvement of all procurement processes, which includes planning, compliance, and systems development.
- Plan and implement sourcing strategies that create maximum benefit for the firm and its clients.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive contracting process for suppliers.
- Establish, enhance, and maintain strong supplier networks. Work with functional managers to research, evaluate, and recommend suppliers. Collaborate with suppliers to resolve issues as required.
- Meet regularly with internal stakeholders and suppliers to understand markets and satisfy business needs.
- Identify and implement cost containment opportunities.
- Successfully negotiate contracts on the firm's behalf. Review contracts for compliance requirements and conformance to firm policy.
- Analyze data related to goods ordered and received. Provide routine and special reports as required.
- Manage the travel program including meeting planning in conjunction with the Travel Administrator and designated travel agency.
- Manage the property and liability insurance program including procurement, renewal process, evidence of coverage and property claims.
- Assist in other team projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or other related field required; advanced degreepreferred
- 7+ years of sourcing/procurement management experience in a professional services environment required
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, creative, flexible, results-oriented and the ability to prioritize appropriately
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to travel, as required.
Job ID: 2300