A Fortune 100 client of ours is searching for a Director of Procurement (Direct) in the Houston area. Relocation is provided.
To be considered for this position you need to have managed at least $1B in direct complex spend.
- Prior successful experience managing a complex direct spend of over $1B
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA preferred)
- 15+ years of experience in sourcing/procurement within the Americas, APAC and EMEA
- Prior management experience
- Develop sourcing and procurement activities that support key business objectives.
- Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements for Procurement Services.
- Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the firm to ensure consistent and high quality value delivery.
- Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
- Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of third-party spend across the company.
- Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and support groups.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
- 50% domestic and international travel